Let’s look at 2009 in review, courtesy of a meme seen at Stuart Ian Burns’ blog:
1. Where did you begin 2009?
I was in Raleigh, visiting my sister and meeting my niece. We watched Dick Clark’s Rocking New Years Eve, hosted by Ryan Seacrest.
2. What was your status by Valentine’s Day?
On Valentine’s Day, I was at the Farpoint convention in Baltimore. I was single, and I met the most charming young woman. We had a fantastic time that night.
3. Were you in school anytime this year?
4. Did you have to go to the hospital?
5. Did you have any encounters with the police?
6. Where did you go on vacation?
North Carolina, in June.
7. What did you purchase that was over £100?
I didn’t make any big-ticket purchases this year.
8. Did you know anybody who got married?
My friends Natalie and Beau got married. 🙂
9. Did you know anybody who passed away?
No one I can think of.
10. Did you move anywhere?
No, same old place.
11. What sporting events did you attend?
I didn’t make it out to Camden Yards this year to catch any Orioles games, unfortunately.
12. What concerts/shows did you go to?
I saw Elbow in DC in August.
13. Describe your birthday.
I would have worked that day, as it was a Wednesday. My blog entry of that day isn’t particularly helpful.
14. What is the ONE thing you thought you would not do, but did, in 2009?
That Elbow concert.
15. What have been your favourite moments?
Writing when it goes really well. Valentine’s Day at Farpoint. The Elbow concert. Discovering The Leisure Society.
16. Any new additions to your family?
17. What was your best month?
18. Who has been your best drinking buddy?
The graphic artists and writers at work.
19. Made new friends?
I’ve made some new friends, and I’ve become better friends with some old friends.
20. Favourite Night out?
One of the office drinking parties at the local Irish pub.
21. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
That would be work.
22. Have you lost any friends this year?
I have, yes.
23. Change your hairstyle?
I’ve let it grow out. It’s currently a bit shaggy.
24. Have any car accidents?
25. How old did you turn this year?
As much as I would like to quote Bob Dylan and say “I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now,” I have to say that I’m 36.
26. Do you have a New Year’s resolution?
27. Do anything embarrassing?
Nothing affixes itself in the mind.
28. Buy anything from eBay?
I bought a couple of out-of-print paperbacks.
29. Get married or divorced?
30. Get hit on?
Yes. Though I’m a little slow, and I don’t always recognize it.
31. Been snowboarding?
Ye gods, no!
32. Did you get sick this year?
Just colds. Things that make me miserable, but not things that lay me up in bed for days.
33. Are you happy to see 2009 go?
I’m indifferent. 2009 wasn’t a terrible year. Some fantastic things happened. Some disappointing things happened. But it was a decent year, if a financially poor year. I’m okay that it’s gone, and hopefully the new year will be better.
34. Been naughty or nice?
35. What are you looking forward to most in 2010?