As seen on Ross‘s LiveJournal, questions about life!”
1. Elaborate on your default icon.
If I were a South Park character, that's the kind of South Park character I'd look like.
2. What's your current relationship status?
Single. Never been married. Not currently dating.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
There was the accident where I should have snapped my neck when I was nine. There was the encounter with the drunk driver. There was the time I sliced my arm open on broken glass deep enough that I could touch the vein, only I didn't realize it until I'd lost several ounces of blood. The electrocution–let's not mention that. Oh, and then there was that incident with the bus.
Suffice to say, I have Teela Brown genes. Only they don't make me lucky in any useful way, by which I mean rich or with harems of women hanging off both arms.
4. Name an obvious quality you have?
I am obviously sarcastic.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
I have no idea what the song is, but it's something I hear on the muzak at work every day, something I wouldn't ordinarily listen to, something I wouldn't want to listen to in my off hours, so I won't Google the lyrics (partly because they're so sodding trite).
6. Any celeb you would marry?
Yes, I would.
Oh, wait, I have to name the celeb?
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Considering there are good odds that my friends-list will have already done this, I've no expectations….
8. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
John the Baptist.
9. Do you have a crush on someone?
Yes. And she doesn't know, which is a very good thing.
10. Have you ever vandalized someone's private property?
Yes. No, I'm not going to give details.
11. Have you ever been in a fight?
Yes. No, I'm not going to give details.
12. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
Yes. I was in the children's choir when I was younger. I had a very fine singing voice, until my voice broke, and then it went all downhill from there.
13. What's the first thing you notice about the OPPOSITE sex?
14. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
Depends on the time of day. Morning? Venti flavor-of-the-day. Evening? Venti cafe mocha.
15. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
The thirty-five dollar story might be appropriate here….
16. Say something totally random about yourself.
I like to decorate the house with marketing posters from work. It's cheap.
17. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
I used to be mistaken for Dave Matthews. He and I lived in Charlottesville at the same time, and I had more hair than I do now and I wore it styled similarly to the way Matthews wore his hair. That was quite an interesting year, let me tell you…. 🙂
Other than that, I'm frequently asked by strangers if I'm someone they went to high school/college, served in the military, etc., with–I must look like lots of people. I'm still undecided as to whether or not that's a good thing.
18. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
19. Do you have anything pierced?
20. Do you have any tattoos?
21. Do you like pain?
No, but I have a very high pain threshold.
22. Do you like to shop?
I won't say I like it, but I do enjoy it.
23. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Two Justice League controllers for the GameCube, and the Steve Martin Pink Panther DVD. I picked these up at work before I left this evening.
24. What was the last thing you paid for with a credit card?
eBay seller fees. I'd had them billed to a card that had expired, and I remembered to take care of that last night.
25. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
One of my employees, two minutes ago.
26. What is on your desktop background?
A parody of “The Creation of Adam,” done in the style of The Simpsons, with God creating Bart.
27. What is the background on your cell phone?
Dragons flying around a castle's spire. Why this came pre-loaded into my NGage I have no idea, but there it was.
28. Do you like redheads?
Yes, oh yes, oh yes oh yes oh yes.
Now, have I ever dated a redhead? Well, no….
29. Do you know any twins?
I used to, when growing up, but I can't think of any off hand that I'd know now.
30. Do you have any weird relatives?
People aren't weird. They're merely less normal more of the time than the average.
31. What was the last movie you watched?
It pains me to write this, but Bloodrayne was the last movie I watched.
And it was wretched, fully deserving of the typical scorn accorded Uwe Boll's films.
In my defence, it was cheap. I only paid 2.50 for the DVD, after discounts and such.
32. What was the last book you read?
I'm currently reading Burning Dreams, the new Star Trek novel from Margaret Wander Bonanno. Last book I finished? 1066: The Hidden History of the Bayeux Tapestry. My energy and concentration have been off lately, hence I've not done as much reading as I would have in years past.