We shall blameth the Nea for this Doctor Who meme-eth, thing-eth.
1. When did you start watching and why? 1983, the local PBS station started showing the Tom Baker episodes. Then pledge time came around, and they showed The Five Doctors. And that confused the hell out of me. 🙂
2. What was your first serial/episode? It probably wasn’t “Robot.” I tend to think it’s “The Ark In Space,” as that’s the first one I have clear memories of.
3. Which serials/episodes have you seen? Most of Hartnell and Troughton. About half of Pertwee. And then everything after that.
3a. Favourite? “Pyramids of Mars.”
4. Are your friends/family interested in the show? Friends? Oh yes. Family? Hell no.
5. Which Doctor is your favourite? I don’t have a favorite.
6. Which Doctor is your least favourite? I’d have to say that Pertwee is the one I least want to watch.
7. Which TV companion is your favourite? Sarah Jane Smith. 🙂
8. Which TV companion is your least favourite? Ace. Though that’s due more to the character’s extreme over-use in the audios and novels than for what’s on screen. But even then, Sophie Aldred wasn’t particularly compelling as an actress.
9. Do you listen to the Big Finish audios? I do, though not in a while, sadly.
9a. If so, which is your favourite? “The Holy Terror,” with the sixth Doctor and the big, talking bird.
9b. Also: which Big Finish companion is your favourite? Erimem.
10. Have you listened to any non-Big Finish audios? Yep.
10a. If so, which is your favourite? “The Quality of Mercy,” starring Guy de Carnac.
11. Have you read any of the novels or short stories? Yes.
11a. Have you written any of the novels or short stories? Yes!
11b. Which is your favourite? The Turing Test.
12. Have you read any of the comics? Yep.
12a. You guessed it–which is your favourite? “The Land of Happy Endings.” It’s a story of the eighth Doctor and his grandchildren, John and Gillian.
13. Do you watch any of the spinoffs (e.g. Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures)? Yep.
13a. Which is your favourite? Torchwood, because of its nihilism. Though I do love Sarah Jane, because it’s Sarah Jane and it’s fun. 🙂
14. Is there any particular episode/book/audio/comic you desperately want to watch/listen to/read? I would absolutely love to see the complete “Evil of the Daleks.” The audio is awesome. The one extant episode is awesome. But I’d love to see what the BBC did on a shoestring budget.
15. Do you write fanfic for Doctor Who? I’ll write an occasional drabble.
15a. If so, post a snippet of a work-in-progress (or several)! I don’t have anything “in-progress,” sorry.
16. Do you create Doctor Who icons? No.
16a. Let’s see a sample! n/a
17. Recommend a fanfic/icon/fanvid/fancomic/fancreation! If you can find them, get the Rupert Booth fan videos.
18. Have you been to any Doctor Who conventions? Not a Who-specific convention, no.
19. Have you ever dressed up as a Doctor Who character? Hell no.
20. Do you own any Doctor Who merchandise? Hell yes. Just visit my cubicle at work.
21. Are you a fan of Russell T. Davies? I love that he’s made Doctor Who mainstream. And I think he’s done some fantastic things. 🙂
21a. Steven Moffat? “Blink” is fucking creepy. “The Girl in the Fireplace” makes me weepy.
21b. Paul Cornell? I think his episodes are… okay. His Doctor Who prose is generally excellent.
22. What say you to Season 6b? I have no problems with Season 6B.
23. The UNIT dating controversy? The UNIT era is in the 1970s. Sarah Jane is obviously speaking in a roundabout way in “Pyramids of Mars.”
24. The Blinovitch Limitation Effect? It’s easier just to ignore it.
25. Multi-Doctor episodes? I think they’re usually stupid fun.
26. What’s your favourite Doctor Who technobabble? “Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!”
27. Have you watched other TV shows exclusively because of the presence of Doctor Who actors? Actually, no.
28. Have you met any of the actors? No.
28a. Traveled to any filming locations? No.
29. What do you think of “The Curse of Fatal Death”? It’s really, really fun. I want Hugh Grant as an official Doctor. And Rowan Atkinson, too. Whatever happened to Gary Russell saying that Big Finish was going to do audios with Atkinson’s Doctor? Get it done, Nick Briggs! Get it done!
30. Do you have any fannish opinions that you think are fairly unpopular? I don’t think the eighth Doctor died in the Time War; indeed, I think he regenerated into the Eccleston Doctor long before the Time War. I think there were pre-“Rose” adventures of the ninth Doctor, perhaps to the tune of several centuries. I think that by the time of the tenth Doctor the Doctor is well into his third millennium. I think the fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane got it on. I think the eighth Doctor had fuckbuddies (Grace and Benny come quickly to mind). I don’t think Rose was anything special.
31. What’s your favourite pairing? Nyssa/Tegan.
32. What pairing(s) won’t you touch with a really long pole? Anything/Adric.