I always like a good meme. This one comes from Dayton Ward, also known as “The Chosen One.” These are James Lipton’s Inside the Actor’s Studio “10 Questions” that he asks each of his guests, based upon the Proust Questionnaire.
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
Competition. The feeling that my work isn’t measuring up makes me focus my energies and step up my game.
- What turns you off?
Dishonesty. It’s about the only thing I cannot forgive.
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What sound or noise do you love?
The sound of a cat purring.
- What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of things crashing together.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I would like to go to sea.
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“You were right; as gods go, I’m a fuck-up.”
Lipton, of course, was the prison warden in Arrested Development. 🙂