1. Elaborate on your default icon. Me as a South Park character. I’ve used it in various capacities over the past few years.
2. What’s your current relationship status? No current relationship.
3. Ever have a near-death experience? There are times I’ve nearly died (yes, that’s plural, people), but I wouldn’t say I’ve had a near-death experience with lights and the whole shebang. Let’s see. Car accident. Severe blood loss. Electrocution. Drowning. And those are just accidents. I won’t mention a medical condition or two.
4. Name an obvious quality you have. I am obviously scruffy.
5. What’s the name of the song that’s stuck in your head right now? “Still the Same,” by Bob Seger. I don’t know why.
6. Name a celebrity you would marry. Kate Winslet.
7. Who will cut and paste this first? It’s already been done by several people, so I doubt that anyone will.
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity? Yes. I used to get mistaken for Dave Matthews when I lived in Charlottesville.
9. Do you wear a watch? No.
10. Do you have anything pierced? No.
11. Do you have any tattoos? No.
12. Do you like pain? I have a very high tolerance for pain. I don’t like pain. But I tolerate it.
13. Do you like to shop? Frankly, no.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Deodorant and ibuprofen.
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card? A friend’s Christmas present.
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My youngest sister.
17. What is on your desktop background? “The Creation of Bart,” a parody of “The Creation of Adam” done in a Simpsons style. No, Bart is tastefully clothed with a fig leaf, unlike Adam who lets it hang it.
18. What is the background on your cell phone? Two dragons, and a keep. For some reason, it came loaded on the phone.
19. What was the last movie you watched? The Rankin-Bass animated Return of the King. I’d gone and downloaded a really bad cover of “Frodo of the Nine Fingers” and wanted to scrub my mind of that drunken awfulness….
20. What was the last book you read? Death of a Musketeer, the first in a series of murder mysteries starring Dumas’ Three Musketeers (and D’Artagnan).