Tagged by Keith DeCandido:
- Grab the nearest book.
- Open the book to page 123.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
- Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
- Tag five people.
- Worlds of Wonder: How to Write Science Fiction & Fantasy, by David Gerrold
- Page 123 is the third page of a chapter entitled “Punch Lines.”
- “The Beginning: Just outside of Dublin, there’s a little convent, called Our Lady of Perpetual Indulgence. One evening, Mother Superior Sister Mary Godzilla is sitting and doing the books, paying the bills, when two leprechauns appear on her desk, a big one and a little one. The little one is laughing hysterically and poking the big one. “Go ahead, ask her, ask her.”
The big leprechaun hushes the little one and turns to the Mother Superior and politely asks for a moment of her time.
- I didn’t. I’d pulled the book from the bookshelf earlier in the week when someone asked for books on writing I’d recommend. Worlds of Wonder just hadn’t made it back yet.
- If you’re reading this, if you’ve got a blog or a LiveJournal, and you’ve not already been tagged, feel free. 😉