Keith DeCandido prompted–what are ten things that I like that begin with the letter “P”? Hmm, let’s think.
- I like pizza. I haven’t had any pizza in well-nigh four months, but I do like pizza.
- I especially like pizza with pineapple and ham. Pineapple may be the world’s most perfect food, and it’s a yummy pizza topping.
- You know what you used to see in Pizza Hut restaurants back in the day? Pac-Man consoles, though more often than not they were Ms. Pac-Man consoles. And they were the weird tabletop consoles, where you had to sit down to play, and then look down at the screen. Pac-Man was awesome. Maybe a little repetitive with him running around, muching pellets and eating ghosts, but it was awesome.
- What did Pac-Men’s pellets taste like? Might they have tasted like peanut butter? Life isn’t worth living without peanut butter.
- Nor is life worth living without pretzels. I will say this–pretzels have to be hard, and they have to be big. None of these little teensy-weensy pretzels you get in the store, and none of this greasy, salty pretzels like you get at the mall. When you bite a pretzel someone needs to be able to hear it in the next room. That’s just a rule. Unless it’s pretzel bites filled with peanut butter–but that might be too much pretzely/peanut buttery goodness for most people to handle.
- All this talk of peanut butter and pretzels has me thinking of something else–I also like Peanuts, the long-running Charles Schulz comic strip. Who doesn’t like Charlie Brown and his friends? They’re impossible not to like.
- In a similar vein, it’s also impossible not to like Pooh, as in Winnie-the-Pooh bear, created by A.A. Milne in his children’s books.
- Since we’re going literary here, let me mention that I like Philip K. Dick, visionary science fiction author of the last century.
- I also like Panama hats. No particular reason–I just like the look. That said, I’d probably never wear one–I like baseball caps too much.
- I would, however, wear a pith helmet. I’ll probably never go hunting wild game on the African plain, but even so I could pretend, accoutrements and all.
So there we have it–ten things I like that all begin with the letter “P.”
If you want to play on your blog or LJ, post a comment and I’ll give you a letter. 🙂