Questions courtesy of Friday Five:
1. Were you raised in a particular religious faith?
I was raised Methodist.
2. Do you still practice that faith? Why or why not?
I don’t practice a religious faith because I don’t have a religious faith. When I was growing up I attended church because it was expected, not because I felt it put me in communion with the divine. Religion never made an emotional connection with me, and in my teens I finally admitted what I had long suspected, that I was an atheist.
3. What do you think happens after death?
The body decomposes.
4. What is your favorite religious ritual (participating in or just observing)?
None that I could pick.
5. Do you believe people are basically good?
For the most part.