Seen on several friends’ pages in the blogosphere:
- Post a list of seven TV shows you love (current or canceled).
- Have your friends list guess your favorite character from each show.
- When guessed, bold the line and write a little bit about why you like that character.
- Post in your own journal.
Seven television shows, hmm? Alright. I’m even going to make this tricksey and false! Wall, maybe not false…
- Arrested Development. Deltagrl said Gob, and that’s correct!
I like Gob because he’s a moron, but he’s a well-meaning moron. Like suggesting that his father hide in the Aztec Tomb; it made perfect sense, from Gob’s point-of-view, even if it was completely lacking in practical sense. And, just for the weird syncronicities in life, I heard “The Final Countdown” on the way home from work tonight. Gob Bluth.
- Blackadder. Deltagrl said Hugh Laurie, and I’m going to count that.
Strictly speaking, it’s Prince George that’s my favorite Blackadder character. Because, damn, he’s just a fucking moron. “Duel and Duality” is an awesome display of Prince George’s lunacy, and “Sense and Senility” is the prime example of how gullible the Prince is. And with his concerns about trousers and socks and his French etched pornography, how can one not love the Prince of Wales. Prince Thicky George it is!
- Father Ted.
- South Park.
- Star Trek: Voyager.
I think I put Voyager on the list, just to be perverse. 😉
Have at it, gang. Answers for the unanswered questions are here.