The top fifteen reasons people checked out allyngibson.com in the month of December.
15. “John Lennon atheist.” I wouldn’t call Lennon an atheist, per se, but he certainly had his issues with organized religion. Witness this quote–“Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I am right, and have been proven right. We’re bigger than Jesus, now.” Witness his song “God” on Plastic Ono Band. I don’t know what Lennon believed, but I can say that he had deep thoughts on the existence of a diety.
14. “Hobbit Calendar.” The Hobbit calendar isn’t like our own. It’s similar, but not the same.
13. “British Impressment Literature 1812.” I admit, I like nautical fiction. I wanted to join the Navy out of high school, but medical conditions intervened.
12. “Requiem for a Martian.” The reputedly lost third season Star Trek episode in which Kirk is transported to late-1800s San Francisco, while McCoy and Sulu are trapped in the 21st-century Martian colonies.
11. “Bleacher Creatures.” A Doctor Who drabble.
10. “Bill Leisner blog.” Star Trek author. Not the first time a Trek author has been one of the top draws to my website; for a six-month period people must have thought I ran Kevin Dilmore’s official fan club because Dilmore’s name was the top search draw.
9. “Bart Faulwell.” In Star Trek: SCE Faulwell serves as the linguist aboard the USS daVinci, and I would say he’s my favorite character in the group. Why? Because he’s the tourist in the group. I like tourists.
8. “Oneders Where are They Now.” The Wonders, the band from Tom Hanks’ film That Thing You Do!, went at one point by the moniker The Oneders. Where are they now? I’ve got nothing.
7. “Lord of the Rings Christmas Cards.” Don’t look at me–Hobbits don’t celebrate Christmas.
6. “Federation starships.” Erm, okay. No snarky comments here.
5. “The Wonders Playtone.” See number 8.
4. “Khan Noonien Singh.” 20th-century genetically engineered superman who ruled a quarter of the Earth under his iron fist in the mid-1990s in an alternate history.
3. “Allyn Gibson.” Curious. This search term seems familiar, but I can’t place it….
2. “Daleks.” The tin-plated pepperpots from the planet Skaro.
And for number one….
1. “Kzin.”. I seem to be some sort of expert–I wrote an essay about fitting the Kzin into the post-Star Trek: First Contact Star Trek universe, and it’s my biggest draw.
I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions, but here’s one — be less of a nerd in 2005. Who’s with me?