Over on Facebook about a week ago, several friends responded to a list of forty questions and who they are and what they liked. I bookmarked one such post, intending to get back to it, but work deadlines intervened and consumed all my time, which is how nearly two weeks go between posts, and I finally have the time to sit down and answer the survery.
1. Do you like blue cheese? I do. I’ve not had it in a long while, though.
2. Coke or Pepsi? More of a Coke drinker. I don’t mind Pepsi if that’s all that’s available, but I prefer Coke. Of course, I prefer root beer more than Coke, and cream soda more than root beer.
3. Have you shot a gun? Assuming we are not counting firing a gun in a video game… I have not.
4. What flavor of koolaid? Lime. Definitely lime.
5. Hot Dogs? Absolutely.
6. Favorite TV show? I’m really looking forward to the seventh and final season of Elementary which begins week after next, I think.
7. Do you believe in ghosts? No.
8. What do you drink in the morning? Coffee, and lots of it.
9. Can you do a push-up? Yes.
10. Favorite jewelry? I don’t wear jewelry. Hell, I don’t even wear a watch. I don’t like anything on my arm like that. I have a pocket watch, but I need to get the battery changed.
11. Favorite hobby? I explore cemeteries for fun.
12. Do you have ADD? No.
13. Do you wear glasses? Yes.
14. Favorite cartoon character? More of a duo, Pinky and the Brain.
15. Three things you did you did yesterday? Hang a new shower curtain liner. Drop off a half dozen Star Trek novels at Dallastown’s Little Free Library. Go to the grocery store.
16. Three drinks you drink regularly? Besides coffee… lemonade, iced tea, cream soda.
17. Current worries? Whether my company will last out the year. It could go 50-50. I am not optimistic.
18. Do you believe in magic? No.
19. Favorite place to be? One of my favorite places in the world is Harrisburg’s FNB Field, the home of the Harrisburg Senators. Specifically, Section 303, Row 8, Seat 1. That’s midway up the first base bleachers in the center, and the view from there is fantastic.
20. How did you ring in the new year? Some of my friends threw a party… and none of us reached midnight. I took a jug of coquito, and it went over very well.
21. Where would you like to go? Scotland. I’d like to see Edinburgh and the Highlands and the Hebrides. I’d really like to see the ruins of Iona and, though I’ve seen them in New York, the Lewis Chessmen. (There are different pieces on display in Scotland than were on loan to The Cloisters several years ago.) I want to go someplace where they speak Gaelic, which I don’t, and be completely lost.
22. Name something you’ve always wanted to do? Travel.
23. Favorite movies? In recent years, The Little Prince, which is simply astonishing and makes me cry every time I watch it.
24. Favorite color? Green, I guess.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don’t know that I’ve ever had that experience.
26. Can you whistle? Not well.
27. Where are you now? In my office/storage room at home.
28. Where would you rather be right now? Washington, DC. Not for any particular reason. I’d just like to live there.
29. Favorite food? I don’t know.
30. Things you hate to do the most? Cruelty. Indifference.
31. Best job you can think of? Something that helps other people.
32. What’s in your pockets? Some lint.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Finding Banana Creme Frosted Flakes in the grocery store yesterday. That seemed so weird, yet so in tune with my tastes, that I laughed and tossed a box in my basket.
34. Favorite animal? Cats. I like cats.
35. What’s your most recent injury? An arthritis flare in the ball of my right foot.
36. How many TVs are in your house? One.
37. Worst pain ever? Kidney stone, circa 2001. It was so bad I literally writhed on the floor in pain.
38. Do you like to dance? I like it well enough.
39. Are your parents still alive? They are, and since today is Mother’s Day I’ll speak to them on the phone later, after they get home from church.
40. Do you like camping? I did when I was younger, but I’ve not been camping since I was in the Boy Scouts.